View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 09:19 PM
[Armchair Commando]

Send a message via MSN to Snake Eyes Send a message via Yahoo to Snake Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raellus

What do ya'll make of the G11? I figure it still wouldn't have been adopted had the Cold War continued, for the same reasons it was passed over in the real time-line. It was still a pretty neat design. Caseless ammo, a 100-round mag, and no muzzle-rise on full auto until the last round left the barrel!
I try not to let too much realism get in the way of my fun so in any stock Twilight 2000 Euro campaign I was running back in the day I always had the G-11 come complete with an integral under-barrel 40mm grenade launcher (like an HK-69) and a starlight scope. Expensive and not necessarily general issue in that configuration, but available nonetheless.

Can't reload the ammo, so it was only ever useful as long as the party's supply of 4.7mm Caseless lasted. Oh, but the damage you could do in the meantime. The ammo scarcity eventually became self-balancing, especially as the campaign moved farther from the Central European starting line.

At some point one of my players made me aware of the LSW version (or the LMG-11) so I statted that out too, but nobody ever used one. I don't recall that any of us ever knew about the supposed PDW variant. In retro, I suppose it's kind of munchy, but - like I said - it's all about having fun.

Last edited by Snake Eyes; 11-18-2008 at 09:22 PM.