View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 01:28 AM

Default recommendation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stackmouse
I'm planning on going to hike and climb around Jotunheimen in the summer, and I'm starting to think that maybe I should bring my own beer with me

(No, I'm not planning on drinking while driving or climbing or even hiking, but I need something to do on the days between :P)

I definently recommend bringing booze instead of beer -it weighs too much on a hike .

The country is wealthy ,its sort of isolated as fars the continent go and we are outside the Union .And we have a protectionist industry even when compared to other countries .The goverment tries to curb drinking by slapping taxes on alcohol .But who are they kidding ? We only eat less..

joke.

Norway has nature -thats where you should go if up here .The towns and cities are ok I guess,but if you want culture and architecture - other places are probably more vibrant .

Have a good hike .I can recommend the Setesdalsheiane ,Hardanger Vidda and Lyngsalpene as fars as hiking goes.Finmarksvidda is also awesome ,but dense with mosqitos in summer.(They are BIG) .