View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 03:11 AM

Default your city is crap

beg all you like - it still sucks you eastern swine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Pain
I beg to differ.....

10 USD for a beer my ass.... It all depends of where u go...I usually pay about 29NOK for 0,5l of beer at the pub i frequent...and yes its filled with alcoholics from 8 in the morning to 3:30 after midnight. But then again I wouldn't get a clown to fix my toilet. (And they probably have the best beer in oslo cuz they sell so much...never stale beer hehe...Apart from that u can buy bottled beer and go into one of the many parks...here u can use a one-time grill and eat food/drink beer etc...

As for the nature there is a lot of it around ; personally I keep myself to centre of town. But if you're into hicking Oslo has millions of possibilities.

Expenses:
Yes it's expensive - and thank god for that. We who live here earn a good deal to so it balances nicely out - but then again you can live rather nicely if you know where to look.

Junkies:
3500-7000 heroin addicts makes oslo Heroin-capitol of Europe. But then again you should rather stay away from gangs of Somalis since they even mug their own kind...a Somali friend of my actually got mugged by a bunch of Somalies a couple of weeks back. It all comes down to how you behave...usually at night...there are places you shouldn't be basically. Personally I wouldn't live anywhere else.

Regarding food at restaurants:
You can get a decent meal for 100NOK (no drink) - coincidently not far from the pub that sells the cheap beer (100m)

If you wan't the best value for money venture to east parts of oslo - If you're loaded travel to the west side.

I can deliver links,photos,maps or phonenumbers for those interested.

-General Pain