View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 10:12 AM

Location: Equaly at home in the water, the mountains and the desert.

And lets not forget methane. Today they have vehicles that are powered by compressed natural gas and propane. Well, they also have methane digesters for some communities, and hog, cattle and dairy farms.

The animal waste is washed into a tank or pool that is covered and the methane that bubbles up is collected and used to fuel the generators making the farm self sufficient with their own generator, some of the power is actualy fed back into the power grid.

Now, imagine the collection continues, it fills removable tanks that are then installed in vehicles <it is pretty easy to alter vehicles to run on such gas and the effiency is more or less the same> Then you can run your gasoline powered vehicles at a normal rate. with less wear since gasoline is a caustic substance as well. And really swapping out a empty fuel tank for a full one, well, you just need a means of lifting it into the bracket and disconnect the coupling and change. The only downside of course is you have a volitile gas that is compressed that could be problematic if its used as a combat vehicle, but then just add a little extra armor. But, I would take my chances as the speed and manuverability would be much better than a vehicle running on alcohol.

Mo, yes most American vehicles now are called "multi fuel" so the swap over would be easier as I understand.