View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 08:08 PM
Internet Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh View Post
I have to admit, I find the entire idea of air assets to be kind of odd. To have any technologically sophisticated aircraft would suggest a long supply chain and production chain necessary to sustain that aircraft.

That would necessitate fairly simple, rudimentary technologies at play. How long would it take until the parts broke down? How much of service team do you need to keep the planes in the air?

A ultra-light? Ok. A very simple gyro-copter, fine. Ballooners, ok.

A Harrier Jumpjet? An Apache gunship?

More, I fear it breaks the entire post-apocalyptic vibe of the game. When I think of the post-apocalypse, I am thinking Fallout New Vegas, a Boy and his Dog, Mad Max and the diminishing fuel that exists. I can see Twilight 2000 with the problem of stills and items beginning to fall apart. But we are 150 years from nuclear war and most of the buildings that once existed have crumbled into ruin.

A simple World War 1 era, steampunkish type of air travel, I can see that, but sophisticated helicopter gunships don't seem to fit. I get that it might be cool, but is it logical in a world in which 20th century civilization is gone?
The Morrow Project is teams of trained individuals cryogenically frozen and cached with vehicles and equipment. They expect to awaken 3-5 years after the war not 150. The Project would have come online with hundreds of personnel and many secret bases with prepositioned supplies and the industrial equipment to produce more. It is a quirk of fate necessary for the story line that makes it all unravel.

So, essentially for the 5th generation survivors your statement would be true for nearly all encounter groups but possibly two.