View Single Post
Old 06-26-2014, 10:19 AM

the way i've been seeing MP is that five years after an apocalyptic war there won't be much of an air threat to project assets. that said there will be a significant ground threat and the need to rapidly mover equipment and personnel from one location to another.(such as rotating specialized teams between sites where they are needed) thus i find the idea that a small flight of helicopters at each regional command post would be essential.

to that end i find this to be an ideal TOE for each such wing:
4x OH6 scout helicopters
8x AH6 gunships with 2.75" rockets and 7.62mm miniguns
4x UH1 transport helicopters
2x CH47 transport helicopters
2x S64 skycrane helicopters

this allows regional commanders to rabidly move equipment personnel and supplies throughout his AO without sacrificing security and allowing for close support in the event of troops in contact. additional spare parts would be kept in boltholes and supply caches for the regional command point and all helicopters would have been converted to operate with the same fusion power plant as every other project vehicle. naturally outfitting these with the fusion power plant would reduce maintenance requirements(weekly rather than daily with the usual pre-post flight PMCS) and lighten the weight taken up by fuel and a conventional engine.

i also see a need for STOL of VTOL cargo aircraft at prime base and the backup prime base to resupply these regional command bases the C130 would be ideal in this role with similar modifications as it can easily be equipped for parachute assisted unloading to minimize vulnerable ground time in a potentially hostile environment.
the best course of action when all is against you is to slow down and think critically about the situation. this way you are not blindly rushing into an ambush and your mind is doing something useful rather than getting you killed.