View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 05:45 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Grimace Send a message via AIM to Grimace Send a message via Yahoo to Grimace

This would be right about the time that Antenna would be kicking me in the butt if he visited here much. I put a little work into, but not enough, an Alaska Sourcebook since I lived up there for so many years. I had previously collected the information for the units that Twilight had up there. There wasn't much for the American. None for Canada, and a mess of units from the Soviets, but they got around the strength discrepancies by having several units from the USSR defect and either go rogue or join NATO's side.

Basically, for America you've got:
10th Infantry Division
1st Infantry Brigade (Arctic Recon)
2nd Infantry Brigade (Arctic Recon)

That's it.

You had, at one time, in Alaska:
the 104th Infantry Division (Light) but now it's in the Montana-Idaho region
the 47th Infantry Division but now it's in the Washington-Oregon region

The Soviets, on the other hand, had:
7th Motorized Rifle Division
41st Motorized Rifle Division
14th Motorized Rifle Division
113th Motorized Rifle Division
147th Motorized Rifle Division
1st Arctic Mechanized Brigade
2nd Arctic Mechanized Brigade
1st Naval Infantry Brigade
18th Hovercraft Transport Regiment

In the "general area" is:
62nd Motorized Rifle Division - in British Columbia
114th Motorized Rifle Division - in Whitehorse - Yukon, Canada
120th Motorized Rifle Division - on Queen Charlotte Island (riiiiight), British Columbia

And was in Alaska at one time:
6th Guards Air Assault Division

Now they tried to change this enormous offset of forces by having both the 41st and 14th MRD change sides to NATO. They're supposedly in the Juneau region. (yeah....riiiiiight)

But that's what the books say. While I could see some of those units being in Alaska, I'm pretty sure that if they all were, Alaska wouldn't be in the hands of the Americans. Especially not with the forces the American had there.

Now realistically, there'd be a lot of local militia, a sizable contingent of Coast Guard, and the Air Forces available for the Americans. Plus I'm pretty sure there would be some Canadian forces involved as well.