View Single Post
Old 01-06-2022, 08:16 AM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cawest View Post
is there a reason that 1st Brigade, 49th Armored Division did poorly at NTC and then was updated from M60A4s to M1s. i would think that the newer tanks would be used on a unit going to Germany or other combat zones.
I've been to AT with 1st Bde, 49th AD, several times in the early-mid 1980s. And except for a couple of high-speed battalions and companies, 1st Bde was a cluster f**k every time. I don't know what training (if any) they did on their weekends. I don't know if they ever did any MUTA 5s or 6s. I don't know if any of their personnel ever did additional training. I don't know what their ratios of veterans -- nonveterans were. I don't know if anyone ever had them do alternate training (from proper paperwork to how to relube an M113 roadwheel in the field). But if 1st Bde was an example, the 49th AD was a mess, except for a few gems (Like my battalion, if I may say so myself -- I learned more from my time in 1/325 that I did my whole first enlistment in the Regular Army).

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com