View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louied View Post
finally the Household Cavalry rgt. @ Windsor (2 tracked Sqd.'s, one each to 5 Abn. Bde & 3 Cdo. Bde with the 3rd Fox equipped Sqd. to stay as Home Defence).
Where, presumably, they would have joined up with the Windsor based Guards battalion to provide security for the Royal Family when the nukes started hitting the UK?

Do you have any thoughts on the Foot Guards? I'm going with eight Battalions (2 Bns each for the Grenadiers, Coldstreams, and Scots, plus 1 Bn each of Welsh and Irish). As best as I can tell some of them would have stayed in the London area, so I've ended up with one at Wellington barracks (security duties in the London area), one at Windsor (ready to get the Royal Family and other VVIP's out of the area when the s**t hits the fan), and one at Pirbirght (in a reserve role ready to support the other two if required), but am undecided as to whether or not to place another one in Greater London (or elsewhere in the UK)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louied View Post
For what its worth in the T2k timeline there seems to be a build up to war so IMC I've slightly expanded the regular & TA. As a prime example I re-raised 5 RTR.
Yeah, I've found it tricky to meet all the commitments of a T2K orbat without raising new units...personally I've re raised 41 Commando RM and two Gurkha Bns (2nd Bns for the 6th Queen Elizabeth's Own and 7th Duke of Edinburgh's Own), all for service in Hong Kong, and even then have found it impossible to form a full 6th Infantry Division, so in my T2K World Hong Kong only gets a reinforced Brigade.

I think others have looked at the Regiments that lost their 4th Bn during the 60's and 70's...the Queen's Regiment, the Light Infantry, and the Royal Anglians iirc?

BTW, mods if you feel this thread is drifting too far from its original title, I don't mind if you want to split the posts about the orbat into a new thread...