Thread: 4th ed T2K
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2020, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteelCynic View Post
....the rules, they appear to cater to a crowd that wants instant gratification instead of achieving a reward by working towards it.
And that right there is why I tend to stick with older game systems. Had to play 5e D&D for the last year or so in the hope the other players would eventually want a change to something less....munchkin. Gave up a few weeks ago and just walked away from the group I've been involved with for a decade as I just couldn't handle the continuing brain damage.
When you're zooming up levels faster than an express elevator, and don't have time to try your new abilities and skills more than once before you get yet another power increase, you know something is gravely broken.

In my nearly 40 years of RPGing experience, systems like that promote cookie cutter characters and roll playing rather than roleplay. It's all about min-maxing JUST to keep up with the weakest of the other characters and give yours a chance to survive the next tavern brawl.

Nothing happens in isolation - it's called "the butterfly effect"

Mors ante pudorem