Thread: Mustard gas
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2021, 06:43 AM
This Sourcebook Kills Fascists

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
Would you *need* to decon coal when the Army has been incinerating it as a means of disposal for decades?
There's a difference between the Army's disposal processes (timed, controlled, and monitored incineration with decontamination of solid waste products and exhaust filtering of gases and particulates) and just throwing contaminated material into a steam locomotive and hoping for the best.

(I'm aware of the incineration process as historical fact but it was before my time in the program. The disposal process at Pueblo and Blue Grass began with the detonation chambers I mentioned in my preceding post, which operated at around 1100ºF. After the bursting charge deflagrated, the resulting gases were subject to both chemical treatment and filtration, while the metal scrap underwent separate chemical decontamination. That process was adopted because of the aforementioned solidification in those stockpiles' older projectiles.)

Quote:
Unless you're worried about poisoning coal workers...
Well, if you don't have a limitless supply of coerced labor, you're going to run out of coal workers sooner or later...

- C.

Author of The Pacific Northwest, coauthor of Tara Romaneasca, creator of several other free Twilight: 2000 and Twilight: 2013 resources, and curator of an intermittent gaming blog.

It rarely takes more than a page to recognize that you're in the presence of someone who can write, but it only takes a sentence to know you're dealing with someone who can't.
- Josh Olson

Last edited by Tegyrius; 06-12-2021 at 06:54 AM.