View Single Post
Old 06-18-2021, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahatatain View Post
I was watching the game where England kept slowing the pace down and gradually trying to build attacks. There was no tempo or energy to the England team and they were dull as a result. Scotland played well but England didn't. Kane looked very slow and didn't really threaten and Stirling looked like a prima donna who is keeping keener players on the bench. Both of my sons are convinced that England played the wrong team.

In terms of crowd noise, apparently there were 2,700 tickets for Scotland. It didn't look or sound like that to me!
Yeah, I remarked to the person I was watching the game with at half time that Kane had scarcely been in it but we didn't say any more about in case we jinxed it. I was unimpressed with the incident in the second half where Sterling tripped over his ankles then wanted a penalty. However, there is a maxim that you're only able to play as well as the opposition let you

As for the crowd, yep, I presume you were watching on ITV. STV had a completely separate broadcast (lead pundit David Moyes!) and their commentators did allude to the fact that there appeared to be significantly more Scottish fans than the number of tickets Scotland were allocated would suggest there should have been.