View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 07:32 AM

Location: Somewhere in the Eastern U.P. on the edge of Civilization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raellus View Post
I agree. In my way of thinking, destroying the enemy's crops and stored food before the coming of autumn was a major strategic objective of the German 3rd Army's summer offensive.
Could have been, but I would think they would of been better off with offensive in the south if this was their intentions for the offensive. The Polish in the north were pretty well spent by this time. Granted there were some units if they wanted too who could carry out offensive attacks, but by this time many of their commander had come to the same conclusions that the Commander of the 8th and 14th MRDs had. Many of the units that had already were former Border Guard Brigade, and had declared for NATO.

Some of the reason why they hadn't themselves done so, was there were still Soviet Armies that were capable of Offensive action in the Front they were attached too. Many of the units were also taking steps to separate themselves from the Pact chain of command, but realize they had to do in slower fashion. The Offensive of 2000 by NATO hasten some of these units. I don't see these units declaring for NATO either. I see them more or less taking the position of 8th MRD where they want to be left alone and help rebuild their nation.