View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 09:19 PM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerCCW UK
I've opted for extreme weather as well, but made the weather a lot more random - sudden storms blowing up out of nowhere, two or three days of extreme heat followed by a blizzard, that sort of thing. Probably not overly realistic, but it keeps them on their toes.
From a survival standpoint, you want Hawaiian weather -- temperate, kind of an even mix of cloud and sunny, and a light, short rain almost every evening around sundown. Of course, that doesn't hold in October and November, when the monsoons come...

I prefer cold to heat. Just don't overdo it. I love San Antonio except for the weather in the summer. And fall. And spring... And I'll tell you what -- the weather's getting weird around here the last few years -- I believe in Global Climate Change. One of the local meteorologists said that they were getting to the point that they could reliably predict weather up to 7 days in advance. That was a few years ago. Now, she says they can only reliably predict weather for two days, and three is stretching it.

San Antonio and this part of the country is in the worst drought in 50 years. The temperature seesaws from day to day -- it goes up and down more than a two-dollar hooker. I'm not even sure how much of my backyard is dormant and what is dead. What's the point of spreading seeds -- we're in stage one water restrictions, and have been for almost a year.

Rant over.

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com