View Single Post
Old 01-04-2022, 10:14 AM

Chico, I think your doing a great job trying to explain how a Div slated to join III Corp would get stuck Stateside. I was thinking along the lines of it being in the midst of conversion to M1/BFV when the was kicked off in December, basically having the whole Div having to retrain.

I can post them later but some interesting things I have found to bolster your points (even though you know since you were there)

1) found a doc concerning observing 50 ARD in 1992 BCTP training/warfighter exercise…..” Observing the 50th Armor during BCTP is a sobering experience. I doubt this “crowd” could ever go to war in an effective posture”

2) from what I am finding the AC Corp commanders wanted priority for the separate ARNG Bdes to reinforce as they felt they were more useful initially to supplement the AC divisions (Roundup?)

3) it appears one of the ALB Future papers call for a Heavy Corps having, as separate maneuver formations…an Avn Bde, an AR Bde, an ACR, and a IN Bde (Rear Battle). Sep MXB would go to XVIII Corp and I/IX Corp for Korean contingency.1

4) again it appears from Congressional testimony that the AC did not have any faith that the RO Bdes would be ready when a war started, one statement was that they had no plans to send them over in REFORGER. It looks like 194 ARB & 197 MXB would have been used to RO 5 MXD & 1 CD (at least before 89 when 4 MXD lost their Bde)

Chico, keep up the good work and did you see my response to the UK JTP plans?
I can list all the US centric ones later tonight.