View Single Post
Old 02-17-2022, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louied View Post
Shrike,

Excellent! Keep it coming. As an aside, another of the many things that bothered me about T2k and their ORBATS, I think 6LID would have been going to Korea or Japan not half way around the World to Norway, especially when you already had 10 LID earmarked (and had been a POMCUS Div) in the late 1980's.
Whats really cool to me about the 6th ID one is that it provides conformation of a second Scout Group in Alaska. Up till now I only had one source on it which was a fuzzy map showing an infantry group in Nome Ak aside from the 207th. I couldnt quite make out the unit number and thought it was the 29th IG now I know its the 297th and was around between at least 1989 to 1991.

It may look like other divisions are closer but if you notice the Strategic Mobility slide it shows that it takes an hour less for the 6th to deploy from Alaska to Europe than for the 10th to deploy from NY. (This includes 2 hours for the 10th to get to an airfield. Using Fairbanks and Syracuse as the starting point and Oslo as the end point. There is only 126 miles difference between the total mileage traveled from either point which isnt alot when your flying.
Attached Images