Thread: Navies in T2K
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Six View Post
Out of curiosity, does anyone know if certain Canadian ships are crewed by French Canadian crew and others are crewed by English speaking crews?

Or are all ships crewed by a mix of French and English speakers?

What I'm wondering is whether certain ships would have been likely to declare for the Quebec Government after it splits from the Canadian Federal Government?
I think the three possibilities existed but it has to be confirmed by the Canadians. I didn't pay attention to this that much but as I was going through each ship history, I have the feeling there was something writen about this. One of the ship I listed was, I believe, noted as being the first bilingual ship in the Canadian fleet.

That what was true for Belgium, however. I think that the Belgian ships were essentially flemish speaking (after all, the sea coast is in flanders) but land units were devided among french speaking units and flemish units.

That was done for reasons of convenience. I don't know if its true but the Union had a multilingual brigade at Bull Run. The commanding officers are supposed to have been faced with tremendous problems to relay orders (might be legendary but the idea is fun). In addition, that will be a problem with units in T2K. Can anyone confirm or invalidate that one?