View Single Post
Old 02-01-2023, 04:00 PM
This Sourcebook Kills Fascists

I regret to report that Twilight Maps shut down his Patreon today:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Maps
This is it, everyone! This is the last email you'll receive from me, and I wanted to let you know how important your support was to me over the past 12 months, especially when things were tough. Now I don't like to talk about myself, so I'll try to keep it short.

In december 2021, I was diagnosed with a rare condition. I started making T2k4 maps while I was at the hospital, as a way to keep my mind busy and forget about the pain I was in. Someone said I should start a patreon, so I did, and then things went crazy when Thomas from Free League asked me to work on Urban Operations after seeing said maps on facebook. For the next 6 months, I drew maps day and night, either for the expansion or for the patreon. Truth is, it saved me. I would have gone crazy with the pain otherwise.

It's been one year now, and though I haven't fully recovered (and never will), I feel a lot better. Even if it means I don't have time to work on maps as much as I'd like, I can walk and teach again, and I don't need painkillers anymore. In a way, it is thanks to you.

So once again, thank you for your support! I mean it. It's been one hell of a ride, and I wish you all the best! See you around!
He's alluded to pieces of this before, though not to this extent. I hope he's able to continue his recovery and define a new normal for himself.

I've been a patron since last February and I've been consistently amazed by the quality and variety he's produced, both in battlemaps and in vehicle art and tokens. I'm currently running a West Marches-style 4e campaign for my college gaming group and am using his maps more than the ones from the boxed set. If we're lucky, he'll be able to put his catalog up for sale on DriveThruRPG so referees who didn't subscribe to his Patreon can purchase his work at a later date. He's been a great contributor to the community.

- C.

Author of The Pacific Northwest, coauthor of Tara Romaneasca, creator of several other free Twilight: 2000 and Twilight: 2013 resources, and curator of an intermittent gaming blog.

It rarely takes more than a page to recognize that you're in the presence of someone who can write, but it only takes a sentence to know you're dealing with someone who can't.
- Josh Olson