View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 07:56 AM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

wow. that's a strong oppinion being taken there Legbreaker. we're discussing something about the game. i know i've read from people on the mailing lists about Reset having been a hell of a lot more than just a mere footnote, and that there was a possiblity that the offensive was to provide the chaotic cover to get a special operations team in and swipe the plans and prototypes for Reset program.

if you don't like the idea that some see Reset as being a major goal of the offensive, that's your business. But if Reset was to work, it would allow the recovery of all that computer data that's been locked up in computers that had been fried by EMP bursts on BOTH sides of the Iron Curtain. And anyone who had the means for accessing that data would have a major strategic and social advantage over anyone who didn't have it.

I've read all the books that has come out for Twilight 2000, i've run the modules in the past, and had a campaign that was played two to three times a week for almost three years straight with people from all of the various ratings and marine MOS that you can find on an Aircraft Carrier when we were deployed to sea. And when we were in port we had players from NOB & NAS Norfolk, NAS Oceana and damn near every base in the area.

What they showed of Reset was that it was hell of a lot more than a mere footnote as you describe it.
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.