Thread: How many died?
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerCCW UK
I think GDW deliberately made it a bit more up beat than it could have been. If your character is definitely going to die of starvation, disease, radiation sickness etc within a few weeks or even months in game, why bother playing at all?
Ei, bon dia Tigger! I fully understand the reasons behind the casualty rate and the consequences of the in the T2K world as described by the GDW team. In fact I have no problem to assume them. It’s the logical conclusion to the old discussion between reality and playability in the Twilight world. I’m only pointing that, even assuming the type of war effects described by GDW the population numbers probably would still be decreasing, though at a lower rate.

So, when I was talking about the communities described in some of the modules (like Krakow), it seems to me that they have existed in this way for a lot of years. Of course it’s only a personal impression, but sometimes, the situation of the NPC’s, the infrastructures, the organizations and the way of living seems a little too “normalized”. One has the impression that such communities have effectively overcome the war consequences in a few months or in a single year.

Mmmm... perhaps I'm going a little OT...