View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raellus View Post
I like your creativity WallShadow but I wonder if the Pope wouldn't stay closer to home during a potentially global crisis like the full-scale Soviet invasion of China. It seems an almost inappropriate time to leave the Vatican and go on a goodwill tour of the U.S.

On the other hand, perhaps his trip was diplomatic. I'm not sure what his goal would be, though.
I agree with many of the posters here that PROBABLY JPII is the Pope, he would PROBABLY stay close to the Vatican, and the Swiss Guard would have a FAST jet ready to take His Holiness OUT OF TOWN if circumstances dictated it. (Anything I have read about the Swiss Guard, they are SWORN to die defending the Pope. But these are pragmatic men. If it looked to the Commander of the Swiss Guard that Rome was going to take a nuke in the shorts, JPII would be GONE....NOW!!!!!)

A visit to the USA would not be JPII's style, IMHO. THe man he portrayed on the world stage was a caring but very doctrinal parrish priest. If Europe is going up in flames, a Polish Pope would not leave HIS people.

(CHA-CHING)

And that's my two cents worth.

Mike