Thread: KFS Refit
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2015, 04:07 PM
Internet Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by .45cultist View Post
First the KFS army flaws were to give exploitable weaknesses, but their equipment is what was at hand post war.
I think they are more to give 4-6 players a chance to survive first contact versus every really being able to overthrow the KFS government.

Partly to highlight the Romanesque feudal government that is meant to consolidate power at the top. Also, just to make them bad people and a motivation to fight them.

Quote:
The only cannon arsenal in the U.S. is Watervliet in New York, so I think the proposed Real World 105MM MGS would be a better fit. They would be using left overs for decades until they built an arsenal.(BTW, even mortar barrels are from the same plant.
That just means the KFS needs a forge large enough and a multi-ton hydraulic hammer plus mandrels to forge barrels over.

Quote:
The M249 would be more common than the CETME, as would Glock 9MM pistols.
The CETMEs were stored preWar, and the M59 for whatever reason, probably because they were not on the market when the module was written or the author was biased against plastic guns.

Quote:
The KFS tanks are less capable versions in armor and the M1 is just an M60 with sloped armor due to lesser facilities and shared components.
Agreed. Though I take it as the KFS just doesn't bother to expend the resources on state of the art M1 tanks when no one else even has a tank. The 90mm gun on the V-300 suffices in 99.9% of encounters.

The Army of the KFS is just lazy, corrupt, poorly led, and poorly trained. However, there are no threats to its exist to be found on any border. Maxwell's militia is to small, Krell to technologically inferior, and the Lonestar Republic is far away. The real threat to the KFS is internal strife or insurrection.