View Single Post
Old 12-05-2022, 03:01 PM
Your Friendly 92Y20!

And today's post includes an innovation - the photo of the Houston skyline with a mushroom cloud over it is an AI-generated image. I was playing around yesterday and this was the best of several things I tried. (I was using deepai.org if anyone wants to play around themselves). A lot of the others I generated were pretty bad -variations on "An Army tank driving through snowy woods" came up with some nice winter woods, but the tanks were comically bad, while "B-52 bomber launching a cruise missile" came up with an aircraft that looked like a grey-toned lovechild of a B-2 and a 747 with smoke coming from its belly!

So in general I think going forward I'll stick to RL photos from my massive archive, hoping the hard drive doesn't crash!
I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...