View Single Post
Old 01-22-2023, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico20854 View Post
Thanks!

I extensively mined that website; it is an incredible resource the likes of which I'm sure the DIA would have killed for (or prosecuted anyone that revealed if they had their own internal version!) back in the 80s. The page above that in the structure http://www.ww2.dk/new/army/msd/msd.htm lists it among the mobilization-only divisions, which is why I categorized it as such. There was an earlier version of the site that had a heirarchy of readiness from A all the way to G. (A to C are the familiar ones, D is a unit like this that has a fairly substantial equipment pool and cadre, F are training divisions and G are more along the lines of "a warehouse full of SKSs and RPDs, two colonels and a list of local reservists."
The internet is just such an awesome place for geeks to find information on their subjects of passion. It's amazing what one can come across here. I bet DIA had those infos in the 80s, a lot of the barracks are clearly referenced with US terminology and names, but imagine a broader public of experts could have had these information back then: Big data analyzes are just so powerful when compared to smaller data studies.