View Single Post
Old 04-15-2015, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targan View Post
I get that Vegemite and Marmite aren't to everyones' tastes but if you found some in T2K and took a look at the nutritional information on the side of the jar, you'd certainly be tempted to try and add it to other foods as a supplement because it's chock full of vitamin B and is also a good source of salt.
Oh, I don't doubt that. Waste not, want not, as they say. But the term "Salty tractor grease" is still a very accurate description.

And the above video about that Russian field ration.....whatever anyone says about it, it is apparently miles above what the Soviets actually had for prepacked field rations during the Cold War era, particularly in Afghanistan. Not to mention quite a few nasty cases of botulism.

Hmmm...after some food for thought, perhaps we can get a bit more creative here. Marmite/Vegemite after all, is just more of a spread/additive, so perhaps we can go with something a bit more meaty, more fishy, higher in protein? Because you always need some good protein.

How about....a VERY large cache of....SURSTROMMING!
"The use of force is always an answer to problems. Whether or not it's a satisfactory answer depends on a number of things, not least the personality of the person making the determination. Force isn't an attractive answer, though. I would not be true to myself or to the people I served with in 1970 if I did not make that realization clear."
— David Drake

Last edited by Schone23666; 04-15-2015 at 06:29 PM.