View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohoender
I have tried several games (RPG and wargames) since 1981-1982.

For now, I'm working on T2K and often running Star Wars game, taking a lot of pleasure teaching my players that you can die while playing this game. Anyway they are in trouble as the Empire has won their last exchange and the New Republic might fall again.
I also had the highest casualty rate in Star Wars with 2 dead, 2 prisoners (awaiting execution) and 2 wounded out of a party of 7 (my players had blown up half of a city under them and put an imperial army on full alert in order to kill one single target ). That's what happen when you follow the diceased leasy hot headed. The three survivors were taken prisoners by pirates and they ended up in some bad situation.

As player I'm playing AD&D (one of my friend's version) but casualty rate is way too high. I was the sole survivor of the previous game (as my dwarf ran out in front of an army of demons; my fellow players died wandering while a dwarf was running so fast) and the last game ended with death for all of us: 5 to face 100 beasts in an open field is definitely not enough.. Don't bring Paladins with inlove magicians along.
Wow Mohoender, looks like you guys play/run lethal games judging from the bodycount. I should learn from you guys. I seem to be a bit too 'nice' to my players of late (not that anyone is complaining). But I notice that a reasonable degree of lethality always brings out the best in a player....