Thread: What do u do?
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 02:47 AM

I'm meeting my friend who's done the GM-util today, i've been talking some about the possibility of releasing the util. I would love to do so (And preferably under some OSS-equivalent license like GPL). I'm not really sure about how that would work, legally, since it contains rules that i suppose chaosium has copyright on. And some from the author of modern firearms rules.

Anyhow, i think i should write down the rules i formulated myself to overcome some of the shortcomings of BRP, especially the autofire rules once i'm done experimenting with them.

In the original BRP-rules you had to roll damage + location for each and every bullet, which became very very cumbersome in the T2k setting. Instead we tried rolling it as one "attack" and when damage is dealed, the risk of damage is increased as well as a greater hit chance. That became too simplified, and it became apparant that the damage all ended up in one hit location. That became really stupid in a firefight with cover situation; If you hit the cover, the entire attack hit cover, if you hit, then you got all of the damage, even if you were 75% covered.

So now i'm thinking of a middle ground, some sort of increments, or a roll of how many bullets that does hit. I'm not completely done with my thinking around how autofire should work to get a balance of deadlyness/playability/detail/workability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helbent4 View Post
Lerk,

Sounds great! I like the retro feel of T2K as well. Bring on them commies!

I like BRP as well. Is there a way to share your work?

(I don't think I ever specified this, but I started GMing and playing T2K back around '85. After a long hiatus I'm both GMing and playing again, albeit on line.)

Tony