View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 09:13 PM

It has to be remembered that the Americans had just been nuked and the vast majority of their military left in country was occupied with disaster relief missions. I don't know how many tanks and heavy weapons would be immediately at hand for something like that, but my guess is it would take them some time to re-equip and deploy for combat.
The Mexicans were also bolstered by the Soviets from Cuba, as well as the very effective distraction up in Alaska.
I agree that it would be stupid for the Mexicans to attack if the US was actually prepared to receive the assault, but that was far, far from the case in T2K.

As for attacking supply lines, perhaps the US President at the time didn't feel that nuking US soil, or anything close to it, was a very good idea given the massive destruction that had already been inflicted. Perhaps they were just paralysed from the overwhelming reality of the situation and by the time the authorisation was given it was too late to have any significant effect. Perhaps the planes simply weren't available, or the Mexicans routed their supplies through civilian areas, or any number of other viable and realistic reasons NOT to nuke them.

Nothing happens in isolation - it's called "the butterfly effect"

Mors ante pudorem