View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 10:24 PM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonpoi View Post
According to tw2.2 rules a 81mm mortar has a crew of 3 for ROF 1 per round (I think that it would be technically 1 per action but I'm not letting high init characters shoot large guns faster). Also, somewhere in the combat section is states that crewed weapons add 1 action (or maybe it's round, can't remember) to reload time for each crew member lost.
i.e.
Crew 3 = Reload 0
Crew 2 = Reload 1
Crew 1 = Reload 2, so 1 round fired every 3 rounds instead of 1, but I'd agree with the comments that if the rounds were all preped and ready to go, maybe this could be 1 round every 2.
As an aside, and in general for any gun, I also put in place extra ready actions if the ammo isn't handy, for e.g. magazines in backpacks and mg belts which are not laid out or in a box ready to use. In general I let reloading a "box" fed weapon as 1 action as per the rules, but I make reloading and returning the spent magazine to webbing or a pocket as 1 reload + 1 ready action (just so that players can lose mags when on the run etc).

A 60mm mortar has crew 3 and ROF 1 in v2.2. In v1 it has ROF 2, so I've let 60mm mortars fire 2 shots per round indirect if crewed by 4.

Thanks for the discussion on sabots; I found a website that talks about firing 60mm bombs from a 81mm USA mortar using wooden sabots. It mentioned that they can be re-used about 10 times, if found. The round comes bundled in the wood case, so all the rounds are pre prepared.
I would add that one man crewing an 81mm mortar would count as hard work for that period. And tell your player to have fun setting up the aiming posts...he'll have a hell of a time trying it, and without properly-set aiming posts (or a Mortar Fire Computer with a GPS unit), I'd multiply deviation by 5, above any normal amount of deviation.

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com