View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramjam View Post
Outstanding work on this mate.

And again if you require any more help just ask.
Cheers mate - and thanks again for your local insights....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b View Post
I admit I don't know much about recent British history, so this sort of thing is invaluable.

One thing I've always had in my T2K British history is that Queen Elizabeth is dead and Charles in now the King of England. He stepped up to the plate and helps lead the British forces in England. His sons, though young, have also taken up arms, as did, surprisingly, Princess Diana. However, that was before I knew much about him. Andrew is a helicopter pilot in the Middle East. How does that idea sound to you guys? Maybe there's a nugget for someone to expand on.
Hmmmm....good question Paul...I think various scenarios are possible dependent on who is alive and who is not...your scenario sounds perfectly possible to me. In real life Andrew would still have been a serving Naval Officer at the start of the War (going by Wikipedia he would have had the rank of Lieutenant Commander and been stationed at RNAS Portland on the south coast of England). Would he have been sent to the Middle East? IMHO that's possible. Precedent certainly exists, for example his own service in the Falklands in 1982 and Prince Harry's service in Afghanistan. I actually think that's quite an interesting idea you have there.

For all sorts of Constitutional reasons, I think the single most important thing for the Royal Family would be to ensure that the line of succession was guaranteed so if you do have Charles, William, and Harry all in the UK they aren't all going to be in the same place. Personally, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of at least one of the Princes being sent overseas, perhaps to Canada but more likely New Zealand or Australia.

Personally, I think there are likely to be a number of different opinions on this one...In my T2K World I have both the Queen and Prince Charles killed in the 1998 nuclear exchanges. (For those who like a twist, there is the possibility that Charles survived but suffered a total nervous breakdown). That puts the 18 year old William on the Throne and receiving guidance from both Diana and Andrew, whilst Harry (together with the heir to the Dutch Throne) is sequestered in a secure location guarded by a detachment of Gurkhas and Dutch Marines.

Cheers