View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmartin798 View Post
You have me convinced. I think I will make the commercial use of airships a recent development and a welcome change for those traveling from New Manhatten to the ski lodge in New Hampshire for a relaxing getaway. Now instead of the almost two-week luxury coach trip (I am imagining something like a motorcoach with seating for ten, a bar, staterooms, and a waitstaff), they can make the trip in just over a day with none of the bumps from the rough roads and less risk of being attacked by raiders. I will also have the KFS only having one large airship in use, with a second under construction. Now I just need to come up with good names for the airships.
Last name of each five families in charge. Each family is sponsoring one airship.

Airships take up large areas for upkeep. There should be several bases for emergency landing due to stormy weather, the reason for US loss of naval airships. The cream of the crop is flying in luxury, like a cruise in their yacht on the rivers of Kentucky and middle Tennessee. The families safety comes first.

They have airplanes. I think they might have prop driven passenger planes, several per family. The plane's performance is less susceptible to wind changes than a lighter than air craft. An airship flies like a big wind vane.
How far do the Five Families have to fly, 400 miles, at most, for a majority of flights?

It takes a lot of ground crew to assist in landing an airship. Airships do not taxi to a runway, they drop lots of ropes for ground crew to use in recovering the vehicle.