View Single Post
Old 01-16-2021, 10:35 PM

Part of our New york state game was scouting prisons as the players decided prison made a good base of operations due to the ready defences and facilities. Question arose to weather any prisoners remained in them or not.

A book I read dealing with a massive EMP event had several examples of what happened to prisoners, some were released which caused a local problem with crime, others bused them to neighbouring counties thus making them someone else's problem. One of the counties held the most violent only as they were deemed to dangerous to release, and some just lined them up and executed them all to save resources, the one the town choose was to keep the most violent locked up, and use the ones that were the least threat to join local farms to work for there food and board until there sentence was over, of course some of them fled but some remained and helped the community rebuild and eventually becoming members of the community. So I made a small list to roll on from the extreme of execution and riots that allowed them to escape to some still being held. the rolls mostly went towards execution and disease. 1 prison was still being operated by the local communities to hold the most violent, every town nearby offered food and men to police it as it was seen as a common good to prevent rapist , murders and the like from roaming the country side and be able to some law and order for when those crimes happened in there community.

I had 1 town were the players convoy arrived in time for a mass hanging, after shutting down the event the players discovered the town was run by the former judge that had turn into a hanging judge. After calling in state reps and one of the remaining jag officers in the area, the players discovered the 40 some men about to be hanged were members of the militia and sheriffs department from the next town over that had been captured in a dispute over oil wells in the area.