View Single Post
Old 04-30-2021, 01:24 PM
Your Friendly 92Y20!

Ok, here it is finally... part two, War in the Kola and the attendant map pack.

(The maps are all included in the document, the map pack is just for those that might want to look at them separately). I'll get this up on the website soon.

Some minor "designer's notes": 1) It took longer than I thought it would to finish this up, partly because of some other projects I'm working or helping on, so I apologize if you've been waiting; 2) the 16th MRD is renamed the 376th at some point after the narrative in this document; and 3) I apologize that there are 2 different styles of map - the theater map is too large to show the action along the Litsa and the map I was able to work off of for the Litsa was a completely different style than the theater map. These were my first attempt to do any sort of semi-serious graphic editing. They certainly aren't of contemporary professional standard but I think they adequately convey the information.

Thanks to Lurken for his help refining some of the ideas in here!

Take a look and let me know what your thoughts are!
I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Last edited by chico20854; 04-30-2021 at 01:39 PM.