View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 06:04 AM

I already have the Royal Wessex Yeomanry on the order of battle as one of the TA Armoured Regiments (I used a suggestion of LouieD's here and reroled them from a UK home defence Recce Regt (as they are IRL) to a three Squadrom Armoured Regiment equipped with Chieftains as a stop gap measure following the outbreak of the Sino Soviet War; they then went to Europe during 97 to reinforce the BAOR).

There's also the fact that they're a composite unit made up of bods from a number of different Regiments (many of whom are in training roles after having been wounded in combat), so not sure how well they'd all take to being rebadged as Yeomanry (that was also the reason I eventually discounted 5 RTR, although it does still sounds feasable).

Good point about Diana's title...hadn't thought of that at all...as best as I can tell she might be entitled to "Queen Mother" as it refers to mother of the reigning Monarch regardless of the Monarch's gender), but I don't know whether or not she would have had to have been Queen Consort first. Best solution might be to make her a Duchess of somewhere? e.g. (and using Sussex for example purposes only)

1st Independent Armoured Regiment (Diana, Duchess of Sussex's Own)?

The Duchess of Sussex's Own Independent Armoured Regiment?

5th Royal Tank Regiment (Diana, Duchess of Sussex's Own)?