Thread: Merc 2000
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2021, 06:35 PM

One of my two long running T2K games was mostly an M2K game with only some post-apocalyptic elements (in some areas). I liked the equipment and mechanic additions rule-wise and the setting was also interesting.

If anything I'd just like to see a modern re-print with errata added and the setting extended to 2020. The setting conceit was the world was experiencing severe social issues in the midst of an economic depression. The whole reason Mercs were a thing was every country had to seriously scale back their militaries due to economic issues. So it wasn't as bleak as T2K but it wasn't all sunshine and roses.

The setting pulled forward to now would be interesting. Organized crime and international terrorist organizations could be added as OPFORs. There would also be opportunities to add new "battlefields" like cyber warfare and hunting down bad guys via digital forensics and such.

I always saw M2K as more of a techno-thriller setting so seeing it lean into that would be interesting to me. Even barring those kind of setting changes just errata'ed rules and an updated equipment guide would be cool.