View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalos72 View Post
Ok so then if the squad is 9 men, the M2A3 carries 7, that means each squad needs 2 M2A3 to carry them? Or are they considered crew of the vehicle as well when mounted?

7 as passengers
2 as crewman (gunner and...)
No, they're not part of the crew. Crew consists of the driver, gunner and the Bradley Commander.

The three dismount squads will divide amongst the four tracks in the platoon based on mission and experience and skill levels of the NCOs more than anything else. You don't want to put a weak team leader in the track without the squad leader if you can avoid it, but that is where the art of leadership trumps the science of it.

Quote:
Side note: That Fort Know PDF you linked to me, perhaps I am missing something there but doesn't page B-20 or 89 of the Adobe show only 7?
Just to make sure we're on the same page, you have the FEB 08 dated version, yes? On page B-20 I have the IBCT Rifle company.

You're talking about the section in the top right hand corner, (X9) Rifle Squad Para 03, right?

Rewrite that in your brain to be:

9 x Rifle Squads, Paragraph 03 (of the official MTOE document)

6 x SSG 11B3G (SQUAD LEADER) C
3 x SSG 11B3O (SQUAD LEADER) C
9 x SGT 11B2O (FIRE TEAM LEADER) C
9 x SGT 11B2G (FIRE TEAM LEADER) C
18 x SP4 11B1O (AUTO RIFLEMAN) SAW
18 x SP4 11B1O (GRENADIER) C
18 x PFC 11B1O (RIFLEMAN) C

The G behind the numbers means they're Ranger tabbed without Airborne.

Add the 6 + 3 + 9 + 9 + 18 + 18 + 18 = 81. 81/9 = 9 man squads.

The color-coding is not to insult your intelligence. A Major sat me and my four fellow company commanders down and gave us a class on how to read an MTOE at my last unit. It's not an easy thing to grasp. This one is easier than a pure document though, the Armor School made it a lot easier for people with this product.
Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.