View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 03:15 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Quote:
Originally Posted by natehale1971 View Post
Actually Kato, I think John Paul II would have gone into Poland in an attempt to promote peace, and get Polish support for getting in the way of a communist victory and independence for his people. He was a very amazing man of principles. I have a feeling in the world of T2k with the Soviet Union and collapse of Communism happening, JPII would have fought to remain healthy and vibrant so he could remain as a bedrock against communism. Many felt that his declining health came from his feeling that he was finally ABLE to stop fighting, to stop standing up against such a major threat to world peace and liberty.
I see your points, but I cannot see him being allowed to go into an active (and probably the highest intensity ever) war zone. What if a NATO (Or god forbid German) unit accidentally kills him. I can see him fighting communism in his own way with speeches or emissaries, but at this point he is the leader of the entire Catholic Church not just Europe, so I could see those around him convincing him that he has to stay out of harms way.