View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 03:19 AM

Cheers fellas, glad you like it. Inspiration was drawn from a range of sources, most notably a couple of episodes of Spooks and some works by Frederick Forsyth, particularly a novel called “Icon”.

Simon, thanks I’ll look at incorporating those ideas into an expanded version. I did actually start a write up of the Unicorn plan, but didn’t get too far with it, partly because I did want to leave it vague, so a GM could flesh it out to suit their own campaign needs if they wanted (and partly because I don’t want Special Branch knocking my front door down – of course I’m not paranoid - will you all come visit me when I'm in the nick?) My initial thoughts were something along the lines of a bomb taking out the Prime Minister and the Chief of the Defence Staff while they're attending a meeting (similar idea to Stauffenberg's attempt on Hitler), with some poor sod / group lined up to take the blame (haven’t quite decided who yet) giving the new leadership an excuse to start rounding up those deemed as “undesirables” left right and centre and interning them without trial.

I really like the idea of doing an overview of what the Government would look like (and how they intend to bring about the rebirth of the British Empire (if anyone’s read “Icon” that phrase is adapted from there)). I also want to use Samuel Johnson’s quote about patriotism in the intro as I think it fits well- “Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel”

James, that’s an interesting thought about the group being seen as reasonable. I hadn’t actually thought of them in that way, but I can see where you’re coming from, and I think one shouldn’t underestimate the attractiveness of an effective Government, which on the surface at least seems to be fully legitimate. Your memory serves you well - it's the head of Five who is planning to assasinate as many marauder leaders as he can without the PM's approval. I'd forgotten about that.

So...I’m going to do a bit more work on this over the next couple of weeks to try and expand it a bit...any suggestions for other things that could be included are welcome.

Last edited by Rainbow Six; 06-08-2012 at 03:51 AM.