Thread: My Project
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 11:45 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

I don't emphasize firepower I emphasize survival and reconstruction. Virtually anyone they are expected to shoot at will be Americans so I would hope they would not have a shoot first and and questions later attitude. I should say though I do give them significant firepower to protect themselves.

I just never saw how a project in good conscience could pluck some one out of their life and leave them alone in the wilderness, so poorly supplied. If a bolt hole failed in the first 30 days, that team was screwed.

My groups have always played semi-strategic games (even when we played DnD). For example our characters needed to keep silver flowing form a mine near Orc territory. The details of the silver transportation might be boring but in our games it established a realism as a missed shipment meant a kingdom suffered in its entirety.

My morrow games will be similar. I don't want players to totally focus on the equipment but I want them to feel like they are part of a realistic project that just went haywire for some reason. I like giving them multiple tools and really hard problems, to see what they come up with.

edit: Minor edits.

Last edited by kato13; 10-13-2008 at 12:48 PM.