View Single Post
Old 03-21-2021, 06:43 AM

I always thought about running a convention scenario where things work as described. The players wake up 6 months after the "war". This was about the time of my umpteenth watching of Red Dawn so the premise was America had been over run by commies and the players wake up to the sight of Hinds flying overhead in the game time frame.

This would have been good for one off convention games better than on going campaigns in my humble opinion. The players should also be more war gamers or much more combat oriented than my usual save the world role players. The players could assist or form local resistance cells or become the sharp point of the spear for local forces. No botanists need apply. More challenging if the players are a recon team, definitely don't let them play a MARS team. Not enough challenge!

Sorry, forgot to add: This works best with players who are familiar, or somewhat familiar to The Project as written, wake 150 years later, so when they open their bolt holes to have a flight of Hinds overhead things should go sideways fast.

Last edited by gamerguy; 03-21-2021 at 06:49 AM.