View Single Post
Old 09-16-2020, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olefin View Post
Unfortunately for those who have seen the timeline - at least the draft timeline - its a mess.

So you know the timeline you have here on this thread has a lot of events that sound great and would make a great V4 timeline - but they arent there in the current proposed timeline

Instead what you get is a mess of a timeline that is almost like there is a bubble set down on top of Central, Eastern and Northern Europe but the rest of the world went on as if nothing happened - including NO mention of any nuclear attacks either on petroleum centers worldwide or in the US or Soviet Union outside of the war zone along the Polish Ukrainian border. And no mention of petroleum being short anywhere at all

That is why I have major concerns for the game which I have expressed to Tomas - if all you want to do is play a game and not give a damn about the overall world who cares what the timeline is. But if you want a real campaign that the characters can relate to - especially where they end up outside the "bubble" of the game start - you have to have a believable timeline that people can buy into

thats part of what killed Twilight 2013 - way too many timeline problems

thats part of what Loren did by killing off the US with the uber drought - once HW had been issued you notice that so much for new material outside of Challenge for the US - it changed the whole game so much that they had to go back to Europe and basically start over

so if all they want is a game that occupies a few nights then timeline can be whatever - but otherwise a shitty timeline that makes no sense can stop a promising new version dead in its tracks before it has a chance to really get going
So I guess that every sourcebook except for perhaps the Korean one may or may not be actually useful as written. Modules? Who knows, we'd need to see specifics, but it seems as if the previous edition's sourcebooks (your own included) are probably not going to easily be useful for this timeline if it's as you say.