View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 07:30 PM
Sabre Ready!

Send a message via AIM to Panther Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting4something View Post
How did you get access to a SPAS-12? And did you really like using it? I have one and yeah it looks bad ass, but that is one slow mother to reload. I could see the appeal of carrying it as a coolness factor, but damn! After your 9 rounds are expended your pulling a side arm or hiding behind something until its topped off. Plus, you must have had a cool chain of command, because most units are run by the politically correct.
The previous owners no longer had any need for them (Any of the twelve). I didn't find it that hard - or slow - to reload when needed, pretty much always kept in mind when nothing else is happening, slip a round to top it off whenever possible. As to PC officers, ours would normally fall in that category, but since he made sure we had "issues" with ammo (He would allow our grenadiers to have any ammo for the 203's for fear of making us feel too aggressive) and always always had "unforseen difficulties" when putting in for Ammo resupply. At one point our troop was down to less than 300 rounds. 300 Rounds.

So the point was made to him by NCO's much higher than myself, that since we can't seem to get 5.56 we was gonna use whatever we could, it was a "health and safety" issue for all involved, mostly his.

Proud fan(atic) of the CV90 Series.