View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 12:49 PM

Bit late perhaps as you are already updating! But I had a few thoughts on the British contingent.

If Kenya is important enough for CENTCOM to deploy an airborne brigade followed by an armored brigade (Essentially an under-strength division) then for Britain to not make more effort to deploy there seems unlikely. Admittedly Britain and the US see the middle-east as the more decisive theater. But if Kenya falls then so does the mid-east. I think this justifies the British making a better 'token' display. I would suggest that a territorial army (British National Guard) battalion deploy. The Territorial army is a heavily neglected portion of canon and with between 72000 to 90000 men unaccounted for leaves you plenty of room to play with.

The British MEFF consists of an over strength Brigade with an attached battalion of Paratroopers who deploy everything from their garrison in Oman to Iran. This leaves Oman and their supply base exposed. To compensate, it could be explained that the British transport two Infantry Battalions to provide communication and home base security for Oman. When the Kenyans requests assistance from the western allies. The US deploys the 173rd and Britain splits off a battalion and sends it along.

This battalion would be light infantry and as such entirely relying on American transportation or whatever soft skinned vehicles can be cobbled together from the Kenyans or British Army Training Unit Kenya.

Was 46 Commando meant to be a battalion size unit or a company?

Colour Sergeant Bourne: And a bayonet, sir, with some guts behind.