View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 01:03 AM
Bloomington IL

This all seems kind of unimportant.

The group does alot of great work but is this work supplied with the condition that is become canon?

I agree that it is up to us to make the history fit the result that is given in
the core book.

But changing the result and the history is ok too, its just not canon.

So i guess with my limited knowledge I'd say let the DC group have there posts, let the conservatives have there arguements. It all builds a better story in the end.

What seems to be the issue to me is that Canon has taken on some kind of value here.

1. Are we allowed to read the DC group and have them as members if we dont recognize their work as canon?

2. If so why havent the opponents or other creators here on the board been given this "Canon" status?

3.Why would an educated group of free thinkers destroy a depository of knowledge over what is Canon and what is Not Canon in a rpg.

My opinion is It is NOT Canon, that canon was developed and built here in my town by men that i know. They put a large part of there life into that canon and noone besides them or those they liscense can create or edit the canon of there game story and system

But that being said I love reading DC group work and i love reading posts from those guys. I use so much of the additional info and house rules here and im so grateful for it all. I have many good ideas for the game but i dont demand or expect others to accept it as rule.

As long as its civil we should all be able to agree and disagree on this information because in the end its all just info and ideas guys. The rights to thats canon and whats not are not ours to decide. And as for the "well in this board it is canon" argument I dont accept that. Because a majority of us dont agree or care enough to form an opinion on the issue. This isnt a play by post or email game it is a message board for Twilight 2000 "GDW's system for roleplaying in the devistation of WW3"

If it is now DC Groups system for roleplaying in the devistation of WW3 then that should be noted on the boards nameplate and search results.

I think that this type of animosity will hang around until someone addresses and solves it with open productive conversation and debate and anyone not mature enough should avoid flames and insults and watch

Lets get the boards humming again guys.

Antenna Paul M Web Ive seen you guys on these boards for along time now and id like to hear your opinions on this.

No anger just what do you guys think and Kato If this is making you mad just buzz me and ill shut back up man im not trying to hurt anyone here
Just dont want this bopard to dry up again