View Single Post
Old 03-09-2020, 08:43 AM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallShadow View Post
Swaghauler:
I noted that you included the spectrum of chokes, but charging out of obscurity (my copy of the reproduction of the 1940 Stoeger Arms Catalogue, aka "the Shooter's Bible") are two more muzzle treatments a Cutts Compensator (yes, for a shotgun!) and a shot spreader. The Cutts compensator was popular in the 30s and was original equipment on Thompson Submachine Guns. It acted like an attached Mag-na-port treatment to help keep the muzzle-rise from, well, rising. The shot spreader looks sort of like a funnel that's flattened on two sides which are positioned top and bottom. The shot apparently is allowed to spread laterally but not in the vertical plane.
I thought I put chokes and muzzle devices on my Shotgun Ammo page
https://www.pmulcahy.com/ammunition/shotgun_shells.htm
But I seem to have forgotten to do that. Another thing to fix...

But generally, muzzle brakes have to be designed for a shotgun to allow them to fire buckshot through the muzzle brake without destroying it (or worse, causing a burst barrel). Did they make a Cutts Compensator for shotguns?

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com