View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmySGT. View Post
Which as you point out with Ford truck parts makes them even more uncommon........ I am just going to stop at Napa for a M1114 uparmored humvee transmission........
That isn't really my point at all - my point is that the post-apocalyptic landscape is effectively an unknown territory, and like any unknown territory you need to bring anything you need with you. The relative scarcity of M1114 parts is irrelevant if finding them is a happy coincidence but not at all necessary. The most important factor should be the ability of the part or vehicle to perform the job, the supply chain is then built to support it.

Besides, those parts are also part of what you are going to use to rebuild society, and parts that they themselves may well have already scavenged. If there are F550 parts around, I would want and expect to see them used in non-Project vehicles by non-Project personnel!

EDIT: I would also note that the F550 was not designed for a post-apocalyptic, supply-scarce environment. The whole vehicle is designed to maximize profit, not ensure peak performance with minimal repair! If I was given the job of building something for the Project, I can't imagine that I am going to find many commercially-produced parts that would be useful. It's kind of like designing things for NASA - even the simplest things become custom and expensive because of the demands placed on them.

Quote:
Ok, just as has been rationalized in some other parts..... Before there was a Morrow Project, there was a Morrow Industries. The material that equips the Project is manufactured or procured for the Project is done through real and shell corporations of Morrow Industries.
Exactly. And that should include not only a good supply of repair parts but also facilities for producing more.

Quote:
So, it is entirely reasonable there is a F550 supply chain for these that a Project Team can get parts from a heavy diesel shop.
I just think that if F550 parts are being used by the Project, the rationale would not have to do with ability to find parts, post-Apocalypse, from non-Morrow sources.

Quote:
I don't give my players these things because it is already damned hard enough to get them out of the V-150 to interact with the NPCs.

I have resorted to killing the V-150 in a game just to get them out of the can.
A valid point, but there are lots of ways to handle this. And in the end, TMP is one of those games where players are naturally and reasonably going to want to spend a lot of time in their vehicles. Getting them out for non-combat should be a non-issue, and getting them out for combat isn't that hard.

Last edited by cosmicfish; 03-21-2015 at 08:02 PM.