Thread: French Orbat
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 03:31 PM

Interesting orbat! I think TW 2000 France is a good setting for some more "civilized" gaming environments, certainly it deserves some thought regarding it??s impact on the world setting.

France would be in a good position to attempt to take control over a lot of oil and gas production areas in Libya and Algeria, especially with Tunisian or Moroccan backing, considering the sheer number and land areas the facilities are spread over it is likely significant portions survived whatever secondary nuclear and conventional assets that were deployed their way during the height of the war. With their strong local naval and air projection capability they should have little trouble securing some invaluable assets in North Africa, further strengthening their strategic position.

I??m currently tinkering with a small campaign focused on a joint Foreign legion and Chadian strike on southern Libya coinciding with a air/amphibious attack with some tactical nukes on the shore areas, interesting area for some exotic desert hijinks and not entirely plausible I think. The main problem would be logistics I believe, getting the oil to the sea and back to France, though I??m not up to date about french merchant tonnage, particulary tankers, and what might reasonably have survived the nuclear devastation and naval warfare of the period.
________
silversurfer vaporizer

Last edited by pow902; 01-19-2011 at 07:00 AM.