View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 03:54 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b View Post
Isn't blowback a wonderful thing?
Yup. what really is a slap in the face, is the fact that if we had done what we PROMISED we'd do in Afghanistan during the Reagan and First Bush Administration we wouldn't have half the problems we've got with islamic terrorists... we had promised the alliance of freedom fighters we'd provide econonomic, politcal and social support for rebuilding their country when the soviets were driven out. But instead we just left without doing what we promised, and the Taliban came to power because the secular allies we supported just wasn't able to maintain enough public support to keep a secular government in power.

It's one of the reasons why the Second Bush Administration spent so much time, effort and money on nation building in Iraq and Afghanistan hoping we can keep terrorists from getting a stable place to build a base to support them. But in doing that we have supported corrupt officials and social acts in an attempt to cut corners because of political reasons.

:Shakes head:

there are no easy answers... but my grandparents use to say "nothing worth doing is really easy to do" and that "If you're going to do a job, take your time and do it right"
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.