View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legbreaker View Post
It'd have to be in a WWII propaganda style since the US (or any other nation for that matter) didn't send any actual troops to China.
Sorry mate, but that's not 100% correct - the 6th (United Kingdom) Infantry Division was formed from units in Hong Kong and sent into China, where it fought the Soviets alongside Chinese forces.

Given that Hong Kong would still have been a British Crown Colony at the time, I think it would be a logical port for supplies to enter the PRC through (on the grounds that the Soviet Navy couldn't actually attack it during 1995 / most of 1996) so I think it's quite possible that numbers of US "technical advisors" might have been in Hong Kong - some of them could well have become attached to the 6th UK Division after things kicked off in Europe.

Attached draft document expands very slightly on the idea (I think I posted a version of it before - it's been kicking around in my "to be completed pile" for ages)
Attached Files
File Type: doc 6th Infantry Division Draft.doc (76.0 KB, 140 views)