View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato13 View Post
I know that Prime Base discusses the FAMECE equipment, but since I cannot find many details on them (beyond theoretical musings from military docs in the 70s) do you think that some of the heavier bobcat construction equipment might be a suitable replacement?

Bobcat seems like a nice acquisition for the Project.
Information is very sparse for the FAMECE, but I did have a gentleman contact me back in 2008 about his time working with Clark (the company that built the FAMECE). He was going to get my copies of the manuals he had, but I never heard from him afterwards.

15 to 16 power modules where built and 2 each of the work sections except for the compactors which where 1 smooth drum roller and 1 sheep's foot compactor where built.

When the program was cancelled about half of the power modules and work modules went to an equipment broker in Wisconsin (very early 1980's, near Wisconsin Dell's, there was a small city / town interested in purchasing them), The other remaining units went to an unknown location (most likely scrapped).

I have a lot of pictures of the units being tested and before and after painting, but unfortunately I can not share them at this time.

It was an interesting idea that had merits. For TMP use it is excellent but as with other things in the game it is obscure equipment.

Gary.

Last edited by nuke11; 10-12-2013 at 07:10 PM.